Diabetic Foot - Therapeutic Shoe Fitting
This course covers the Therapeutic Shoe Fitting for diabetics. You will learn about diabetes, the different types of diabetes, the complications diabetic patients present with as well as what the diabetic foot is. Whether you are just starting out and this is a basic course, or you are adding to your continuing education for credits, you will find this a course useful learning experience. This course will cover the different conditions to look for in the diabetic foot and their significance. This course covers CMS Quality Standards and what is expected by the supplier to be in compliance. It covers what is mandated for a practitioner to evaluate and assess the diabetic foot in order to provide therapeutic shoes.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand and identify the requirements of the CMS Quality Standards.
- How to properly conduct the face-to-face assessment.
- Understand the anatomy of the lower limb relative to the foot.
- How to measure and choose the proper shoe as well as how to choose and fit the proper inserts.
- know what documentation is necessary during intake, assessment, fitting, delivery, patient instructions, patient notes, satisfaction and follow-up.
- know what Medicare documentation is required for billing, and the modifiers necessary.
- Utilize what you have learned in your practice.
Course ArchivedWe're sorry, the course "Diabetic Foot - Therapeutic Shoe Fitting" has been archived and is no longer available.
Please contact us if you feel you've reached this page in error.