Bloodborne Pathogens in Orthotics & Prosthetics
Healthcare workers are at risk of aguiring bloodborne pathogens in their day to day activities. This course covers OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogen Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030)on how individuals within the O&P profession can protect themselves and how to reduce risks. This course is provided for Orthotists, Prosthetists, Pedorthists, Mastectomy Fitters as well as the staff within O&P facilities, both for their own personal safety as well as compliance with OSHA and Accreditation Standards. All employees should complete this training upon hire and then annually.
During this course you should learn:
- What bloodborne pathogens are
- Understand how diseases are transmitted
- Determine your risk of exposure
- Protect yourself from exposure through prevention
- OSHA 2019's expectations
- What an exposure incident is
- How to assess the exposure
- Specific bloodborne pathogens
Course ArchivedWe're sorry, the course "Bloodborne Pathogens in Orthotics & Prosthetics" has been archived and is no longer available.
Please contact us if you feel you've reached this page in error.